Music Review //
Shawn Mullins
"Lullaby" (Live at the Print Shop)

 


There are two distinct types of people involved in the song "Lullaby" by Shawn Mullins.   You either have never heard the song before or you have every word memorized and sing along whenever you hear it.   Simply put, there is no in between.   And since it came out as a single in 1998, I believe if anyone hasn't heard it yet it's just because the song is before their time.  But anyone of a certain age in 1998 knows the song all too well.

Music is one of the few things in this life that has stuck with me for as long as I can remember.  Pressing play on this video immediately transported me back to a different time and I could still sing along with this song as well.   The way that this song has affected me personally is that every time I read or hear something about Nashville I think of the line about it being like Nashville, "with a tan".

This music video for "Lullaby" was shot live at the Print Shop and what makes this even more interesting is that it's included as part of a live album by Shawn Mullins.   As someone who knows Shawn Mullins for this song and not much else, it's nice to have this raw album of songs to represent someone who meant something to me at an earlier time in my life.  

I truly feel that since Shawn Mullins is still involved in music, it is worth checking out this entire live album to see what he's all about if you only know him for this one song or if you don't know him at all.   Something in that stretch from 1990-2000 was special for music and when music so soulful as this comes out of it, we must embrace it whole-heartedly.  

Comments

Popular Posts