Music Review //
Ava Della Pietra
"Home"


"Home" can be heard through an exclusive premiere with Parade Magazine by clicking here.

More information on Ava Della Pietra can be found at: https://www.avadellapietra.com/


There is a slight chance that since the start of Disney+ I've been watching entirely too many Disney animated movies, but "Home" by Ava Della Pietra really reminds me of what I will refer to as Disney Pop.   The thing is, I grew up with a lot of great movies which had equally great soundtracks ("Aladdin" comes to mind) but this particular song reminds me more of something along the lines of the movie "Lilo & Stitch", partly because of the way the music sounds compared with that soundtrack and partly because the lyrics fit it so well.  (I will also accept this as part of the "Moana" soundtrack, so maybe it's a tropical island thing)

While I fully realize that there was in fact an animated film called "Home" (Though Dreamworks, not Disney) I somehow just don't see this song as part of that soundtrack as much because Ava Della Pietra just has that Disney magic.   It's a type of pop which gets in your head, but also has a certain amount of depth to it because you can really picture the song as it plays.  There would be clips of someone (whether it be a talking dog or just an animated human who is lost like Nemo) who is trying to find their home as a montage throughout this song, though they would also serve as reminders of the happy times and, hey, home is where you have been all along.  

It seems like the plot to many different movies but right now I'm unable to place just one of them.   Someone gets stuck somewhere by some circumstances, spends the whole movie trying to get home (or somewhere they feel is better) and then at the end come to the conclusion that their friends and family are where they are and they don't want to leave.  I feel that in this song.  I feel like it is a good way to help you find your home, but also it is a good way to just realize that wherever you are you might very well be where you are supposed to be right now.

I'm not sure there has ever been a time when I've so clearly seen a series of animated scenes play out before my eyes while listening to an upbeat song such as this.   The message within here is about reuniting children with their homes because of what I will call a "mess" (to keep it simple) at the border, but I do believe this song addresses it in a friendly way which makes it more open for discussion rather than people hearing an angry song and just dismissing it.  This also might somehow end up on a Disney movie soundtrack some day and if it does I would not be the least bit surprised.  I'd actually be quite pleased.  


Comments

Popular Posts