Music Review // BABO BABY "Your Babo Baby"

 


If you are an artist named BABO BABY and you have a song called "Your Babo Baby" I really have no idea what to expect going into it.   However, this song very quickly teaches us that "babo" means stupid or foolish and the idea behind this song and being someone's babo baby is that you're stupid for them.   I cannot speak for everyone on this, but I've found that when I feel like I'm stupid for someone else I'm just stupid.

As this song begins there is this acoustic rhythm going which feels cool.   It reminds me a lot of someone like Eagle Eye Cherry or just for some reason a bike messenger.    But by the chorus the sound seems to come full on, kicking in with that soul like Bruno Mars.   This is certainly interesting because I feel like at times this could be on modern rock radio and at other times the pop station, but maybe not fully either.

To further the idea that being foolish for someone might not be your best idea, the lyrics do sing about having matching tattoos.  I'm not shaming anyone's lifestyle choices but many tattoo artists will tell you that getting matching tattoos (or someone's name) is a good way to sort of jinx a relationship.    Ultimately though, I don't think the people in the song have really taken that into consideration because of, you know, babo.  

While this is a song that can spark a debate about intelligence, it is musically something I can really get down with.  There are also lines like: "We're vibing like rhythm and the blues" which both fit the song so perfectly and feel so cool outside of the song, where it's something I'd like to see on a t-shirt.   It's definitely easy on the ears!


Comments

Popular Posts