Interview ::: BROOKE STILLA


https://www.brookestilla.com/


 1) Who have been some of your biggest musical influences coming out in your solo career?

I have so many musical influences and I freak out every time I get this question because I wanna make sure I get them all in, but it would probably take up too much space! 
So, I would say Meghan Trainor, Ariana Grande, Dua Lipa, Katy Perry, Doja Cat, Sabrina Carpenter, Beyonce, P!NK, Bruno Mars... See the list goes on!! ha

2) What is it like being mentored by Mel B?
WILD! She's a wild one, She should've been called Wild Spice in the Spice Girls cause she's not scary at all, but she knows how to have a good time! She's a woman in control with a big heart and says it how it is! I have a lot of love for that woman! She's very inspiring! 

3) What is it like going from Australia to Canada?
Cold.

4) Do you feel like social media (such as TikTok and Instagram) can play a big role in promoting music?
100% I think a lot of artists will agree that they don't love social media per-say, but it does play a huge part in this day and age for our music and promoting ourselves. 

5) What can we expect with your debut EP out in September?
All the songs are so different and I love them all! You can expect a journey through the struggles of a toxic relationship and self discovery to finally letting go of that past relationship and falling in love with yourself again. "k bye" carries a mix of early 2000's influences, Alt-Pop, RnB/Soul and a touch of latin infusion. So a bit of everything I guess! 

6) Do you plan on touring when the EP is out, perhaps into the United States?
I would LOVE to! I would love to do a little north america tour for sure! LA has had my heart since I first visited in 2008! 

7) One thing I realized with "over it" is that it feels like it's easier to relate with a song that's about someone you don't like (such as an ex) versus someone who you still have in your life.  Do you find that to be true?
"over it" is 100% a song about not giving two f**** anymore. Whether it be about an ex, ex best friend, your parents or a random person that pissed you off that day!
Everyone has ups and downs, so 
I think anyone can relate to "over it" if they've had a bad day or someone got on their bad side!

8) What is your go-to McDonald's order, at 3am or otherwise?
Just fries as I'm vegan! (The fries aren't vegan in USA, so sadly I can't have them there). But I'll also order a steamed bun, along with sweet n sour sauce and put the fries in there and make a fries sandwich - That's if I feel like living on the edge that day!  

9) Final thoughts, shout outs, etc ... ??
Thank you so much for chatting with me! Shout out to the people that are going through a hard time in a toxic relationship! I hope this song helps you along your healing journey! You are not alone and will come out brighter than ever, when you're ready to! And a special shoutout to my partner Julian for supporting me, loving me and being patient with me! 

Comments

Popular Posts