Music Review // Vicky Von Vicky "Freak Me Out"

 


Vicky Von Vicky begins this song with a melodic almost trippy sounding rock.  There are elements of this which remind me of The Beatles but also which remind me of Neon Trees.   I suppose it's that type of situation where if both The Beatles and Neon Trees were around at the same time, they might be making music which sounds like this.

When you feel like it's getting fast paced in the chorus, the line comes in "And then you freaked me out" and the pace grows even faster.  One of the most relatable lines in here is "Tell me about the dreamers / Are they dreaming once again / I'm not sure how this will end" because we definitely are living in uncertain times.

In one of the verses, it says "Friends became my frenemies / And foes became my friends" which makes me feel like this song is about that moment when something happens and it kind of shifts the balance in your life.  I'm not sure why, but I'm taken back to the first episode of "Scrubs", when JD thinks he has it figured out as to who the tough doctor is and who the nice one is... until he doesn't.

If you've ever felt like you've had your life turned upside down like this or if you've just been freaked out by someone in some way then this is a great song for you.  Even if you can't relate with the lyrics though, it's just a fun song to listen to musically, to put in a rock playlist and especially now in the Summer with the sunshine as well. 


Comments

Popular Posts