Music Review // Brooke Stilla "over it"

 


While I'm not sure who upset Brooke Stilla, this music video and song are proof that she is better off without them.   The tone of this song is a lot of fun, as it reminds me of P!nk in ways, and it just feels like the most perfect tone you can get when you're happy, slightly bragging and just in that very even-tempered mindset.

The chorus of this song has parts about getting drunk and getting high, but I like the lines: "I'm over it / I'm gonna get so high / I can't remember what I did last night" in particular.   Other lines which we need to talk about more are "Spilled my drink on this guy / But he said that he don't mind" and "3am McDonald's fries".   This is just that care-free, going out and having a good time vibe that you know the ex is not going to want to see but life goes on.

Through record scratches this music video takes place mostly inside of a pool so it feels like a pool party.   I assume the three people in this video are Brooke Stilla and two friends, which fits the theme of having a fun time with your friends because you're over this other person.   The idea of this video needs to just be fun and having fun and that's exactly what it conveys so it works out perfectly.  

If I had an ex who made this song and video I don't know how I would take it, but let it be known to never get on the bad side of Brooke Stilla.   From the perspective of the singer, this is the type of song that you really want to hear when you're finally over someone.   Sometimes it feels like that attachment to them- that feeling of it- will never end, but every day it might be a little bit less.   So, to ultimately reach the point that this song is about feels like an accomplishment and this song- this vibe- is the reward.  Play it loud.


Comments

Popular Posts