Music Review // Jovin Webb "Mine Someday"

 


When I think of the really big artists in music they always have this way where they can perform songs live and as they start the audience recognizes the song and lets out huge applause.  As Jovin Webb sings "I been trying so hard / To get your attention" to open up this song, I imagine it being live and that being the point where the crowd just roars and begins to sing along with the next lines.   Jovin Webb just has that big stadium type of blues rock feel about his sound.  This is truly more than just a song, it is an experience.

As the leys come in with the soul of the blues, Jovin Webb sings this song in a way which reminds me of Joe Cocker "With A Little Help From My Friends" and I also would love to see a modern version of Woodstock with Jovin Webb performing.    At times this song can also musically remind me of the song "Crazy" by Aerosmith as it just has that harmonica feel about it as well.   While it moves at a steady pace, it will definitely get you up and moving as well.

Though most songs in the genre of blues music tend to be about things loved and lost, "Mine Someday" is the opposite as it is more about that desire to be with someone in the future.  As the chorus says "You're my every desire / There ain't nothin' that can put out this fire / Won't you let our love take us higher / I'm down on my knees and I pray / You'll be mine someday".   While many love songs along these lines can feel like infatuation, Jovin Webb has lyrics which run deeper with lines like "I'm just a man; I'll try the best I can / To make sure your heart is never broken again".

I really enjoy that "Mine Someday" is not only a song about looking forward into the future, but it also can serve as this sort of promise that when they get together some day he's going to treat her right.   In music and life in general right now we need that optimism.   To have this all come out also in this way which just feels so grand, as it should take center stage, is just another reason to truly emerse yourself in this sound because it is that powerful.  

Comments

Popular Posts