Music Review // Wibur Sargunaraj "Dance Around the World"
When this song first begins, it has a wonderful ukulele sound to it which is hard to ignore. This comes into a full blown island sound that I really enjoy, which makes it feel like we're on some tropical vacation. At the same time that I feel like there is some Elvis in here, I also hear artists such as Raffi, which speaks a lot to how this is the type of sound that everyone should enjoy, whatever the age.
In some ways I do think this song sounds like Raffi to the extent that it could be considered a song for children. But this isn't the type of song that you put on for someone of a certain age and then they outgrow it. This is the type of song that feels like it could be for children because the message is so clearly stated that everyone should be able to understand it and hopefully relate with it on some way because it comes with the positivity.
There are names in the chorus which even I can't type out, which is funny because right before it the lyrics will say: "I maybe small and tiny / but my name is long like this" and then go into it. By the end, someone does also sing "My name is not hard to say" and it makes me think about how we give nicknames to people simply because we don't want to take the time to learn their names, but hey, maybe we should learn their names.
If you want to sing along with this song, no matter what age you are, there are also a number of la la la's in here which can help you do just that. Overall this song is just a ray of sunshine, so bright and shiny that I think once you start listening to it, not only will you not be able to stop but it will also get stuck in your head. Eventually, you can even sing along with those hard to pronounce words, just proving that you can do it if you try (and want to).
Comments
Post a Comment