Wrestling Review //
Chaotic Wrestling
Breaking Point
11/19/21
@ Boxborough, MA


https://www.chaoticwrestling.com/


When Breaking Point was announced at The Balance Of Power it felt like it would be the last show of 2021 for Chaotic Wrestling because the matches really made it feel like there was a sense of conclusion to certain things.  Shannon LeVangie and her feud with Ava Everett, for example, but also everything between The Unit and everyone else.  It also just felt like it was the biggest and toughest test for Davienne to date as Champion and the same could be said for B3CCA.   That feeling of closure would not be met by the end of this show, but that's okay because fans wanting to go back for more is just smart business. 

The show started with a Chris Hero meet and greet and from what I could tell it felt like there was a line in the hallway and fans were taken into a room with Chris Hero- so he is never exposed to the entire line at one time- and it was a little bit odd but also felt more personal.  The whole hotel vibe was just crazy though because we parked where the directions told us to then went through an area full of gazebos and fountains, which I wished they wrestled in, and near the bathrooms were an old school phone booth and a giant rock.  

One of the things which I love about Chaotic Wrestling is that everything they do seems so deliberate.  This show was evidence of that because every match had a purpose.   Sometimes you'll see wrestling shows and there are just these matches where you feel like it's to either get everyone on the card or just to showcase someone but you've got too many people involved and it makes no sense.  Every match Chaotic Wrestling books is part of a story at some point and none of them feel like bathroom breaks.


Ava Everett and Shannon LeVangie opened up the show.  This was an interesting choice to get things started but it did come in hot because these two had such history.  Though try as she might, Ava Everett just could not seem to defeat Shannon LeVangie and eventually Shannon LeVangie scored that win which some might call an upset.   This was (possibly) the end to the Ava Everett-Shannon LeVangie story, as now Shannon LeVangie will go onto bigger foes and possibly even title opportunities in 2022.



Next up was the Tag Team Titles #1 Contenders Match which had a lot of components in it.   I didn't really think that the team of Love, Doug & Armani Kayos or Alec Price & Aaron Rourke were going to win because MSP and Shook Crew were more established teams in the sense that the members were used to teaming together.  I know that Culture Inc was at Uncharted Territory the night before this and Pro Wrestling GRIND the night after so it would have been nice to see them put into the mix here.


We also found out right before this match that Love, Doug would not be partners with Armani Kayos and instead Mortar would be.   This added a fun element to the match because Mortar just reminds me so much of when Rhyno had that ECW run and would just tear through everybody.  This match was a lot of fun with near falls and one person stopping another from making the pin, but the right team won as Shook Crew are now the #1 Contenders for the Tag Team Championships.    Hopefully they are up against the team of Trigga The O.G. and Danny Miles for those titles as well.



A match that had basically been discussed on Twitter since The Balance Of Power was Jordan Blade wanting a shot at the Pan Optic Championship and B3CCA willing to take the match.  This was a hard-hitting match and I feel like even defeat it showcased the skills of Jordan Blade to a new audience.  I have now seen Jordan Blade in two title situations live in these past few months and come up short so if I was holding gold that Jordan Blade could obtain in 2022 I would watch my back.  Next year I expect Jordan Blade to come back stronger and take more ankles (and gold).



Before intermission we had what is a main event in any other promotion (Though so is B3CCA vs Jordan Blade) and JD Drake is bigger in person than he appears on television somehow.  The wild thing about this match that I will remember forever is that Davienne was right in front of me on the guardrail at one point.  JD Drake went to chop her, but she moved out of the way.  That chop came within inches of my face, as JD Drake and I locked eyes as if to confirm that I almost just died and was lucky that I didn't.

Davienne has really been taking on all challengers as Chaotic Wrestling Champion.  It seems like if you try to figure out who she'll defend the title against next, your ideas get skewed by the fact that a name like JD Drake comes into the picture.  In 2022, I wouldn't be surprised to see Davienne defend that championship against Jacob Fatu, Jeff Cobb, Atticus Cogar or Nick Gage.  I am also still awaiting that Paul London match as I have no plans to go anywhere other than wrestling any time soon so we certainly won't be in danger of missing it this time around.



After intermission there were only two matches and this was likely because of how insane the main event was.   But first we had Brad Cashew defend the New England Championship against Ricky Smokes.  Ricky Smokes won the title with his feet on the ropes and I feel like even if it was cheating, he didn't get caught so what can you really do.  Brad Cashew and Ricky Smokes are so evenly matched that I feel like had it been a more fair decision the fight could have gone on forever.  Perhaps they need a 2 out of 3 Falls match to settle this one.


The main event was such a crazy match and it lived up to the promotion name because it was just pure chaos.   As someone who was front row ringside for this show, I can tell you that when the replay comes to Twitch I will be watching it because I feel like there were things happening in front of me that I was watching but there were also a few other things happening around the ring that I either couldn't see or just wasn't paying attention to because of what was right in front of me.  



Love, Doug ended up as the surprise entrant in this match which gave Team Chaotic a 5 on 4 advantage since Mike Verna wasn't here.  However, early on in the match Dango took a dive to the outside and hurt his leg and had to leave the match.  In the end, Dango returned as if he was going to help Team Chaotic but he swung a chair at Chase Del Monte, joined The Unit and this whole story seems far from over.   I'm actually a little glad that Dango joined The Unit because I'd rather boo him and now everyone else will boo him with me.


One of my favorite parts of this match was Danny Miles fighting right in front of me.  I yelled at him that he was the worst member of The Unit and that I hated him, to which he yelled back "I hate you too!"  That made my night and I hope someone out there got it on video.  Danny Miles was also responsible for bringing thumbtacks into this match, which ultimately ended up everywhere and seemed impossible to clean up.   Still, there were a lot of "Holy shit!" moments here and this was a brawl that needs to be seen to believed.


My idea of Team Chaotic winning and that meaning uncertainty for The Unit didn't quite go so well but this also happened to not be the last show of 2021 for Chaotic Wrestling.   Perhaps the next show will be when Shook Crew captures those Tag Team Titles, which would definitely begin the downfall of The Unit.  Either way, I'm excited for what they have in store and partying with Chaotic one week and one day before Christmas seems like the appropriate way to spend the holidays.


Comments

Popular Posts