Record Review //
Wildlife
"Take the Light with You"


http://wildlifeband.net/

This record first sounds like it could be new wave.    There are these elements of The All-American Rejects, The Cure and Neon Trees.    "Broken Magic" is this song that I've heard so many times now I feel like it's something from the radio that I've heard before and I should be able to give it a reference that way but it just sounds like Wildlife now because I've really grown into their rock sound during my time listening to this record.

At times this does remind me of Walk The Moon, but in that way that I can definitely feel like thousands upon thousands of people can sing along with these songs.   "Cut Off" starts off acoustic and then just kicks in to where if you're not appreciating the drumming on this album by now you should be.  "Every day I wake up tired" is a lyric I can really relate with and, yet, I want to figure out how not to feel that way.

This record in energetic in the way that if it doesn't make you want to get up and dance it should at least make you want to move.   Lines like "If only we had something to care about" does make me think of the movie "Footloose", but you can still listen to these songs for exercise- like running- or just driving for a long stretch of highway where everything looks the same.

"Euphoria" is such a great song that I think it should be a single somehow, even if just for those fuzzy guitars at the beginning.    "Dance Now" obviously makes me feel like we should all get up and dance, but hey, if dancing isn't your thing you can always just move to this one in whatever way you see fit.   Just know going into this record that you won't be able to keep still while listening to it.







Comments

Popular Posts