Music Review // 2ŁØT "I Want It All" (featuring Mariel Jacoda)
On the latest single from 2LOT there is a steady beat which I really enjoy because it blurs the line between electronic music and rock. On one hand, hearing this beat can put you into that mood it is likely supposed to- where you can feel the dancing rhythm and just overall think of this as being an electronic song. But the way that I hear this as a bass drum, the snare and high hats makes me think of someone playing a drum kit steadily, which could be done. A lot of times when I hear the musical side of electronic music I don't think it would sound exactly the same played out with a live band, but I think this one definitely could.
Along with the very lovely, auto-tuned type manipulated vocals of Mariel Jaconda, "I Want It All" sings about what you would think but not in a spoiled way. This song has a message about being younger and thinking you're going to rule the world, basically wanting it all. And it's true. A lot of people start off as kids wanting big dreams and once they get crushed they end up settling for whatever they end up as. But listening to this song by 2LOT should motivate some people to not forget about those dreams because you're never really too old to follow them unless it's something like the Olympics.
While this song can make me feel like we're listening to that faster rock n roll paced like song (from an artist such as Jet) I also think about this being in the club at the same time. Though it is about three minutes in length, there is a lot going on in here. Before we reach the very end of it, there is this piano part which feels less like keyboards and more like a piano (which feels opposite for an electronic song) and that just sort of plays us out. I really do enjoy that not only does that part in the song exist but it shows the musical range of 2LOT.
I know I said that not every dream you had as a kid might be possible if you're an adult now, but this song should still put you in the mood to try. Yes, if you're in your 30's you might be too old to play in the NBA, but you could still go down to your local rec center and play pick up games on the weekend or something. There are always options out there and remember just because you're not getting paid doesn't mean you're not living your dream. Many famous artists held down day jobs to create their art it's just not talked about as much. So put this one on and do the things which you love most.
Comments
Post a Comment